- An apartment with brown walls is a hard sell.
- There is nothing twinkle lights can’t fix. Or a wind-chime.
- Love is really, really hard. (Self love, friend love, romantic love, family love. Love of all kinds.)
- TV is still not as interesting as a great book.
- Loving a dog is a process in patience. It is ok to not like the dog all the time.
- So is loving yourself.
- If you don’t enjoy doing something, don’t do it.
- Do not underestimate the smell of clean floors. Or the feel of clean sheets.
- Sometimes people are in your life for a little while and then they leave, it’s ok to let them go.
- You can take a shower and start the day over, no matter what time it is.
- Go ahead and take the picture of the sunset, it’s ok to find beauty in the small things.
- Singing Reba at any given moment will turn any situation into a party.
- Resting is good for your body and your mind.
- The presents that mean the most are often free.
- Working hard will get you so far, timings the other half.
- Being kind is easy. That is not the same as being stepped on.
- Weddings are draining.
- Getting up with the sun gives you a lot of time in the day to get things done and enjoy.
- Dad’s old sweatshirt is still the best.
- Whatever it is, clean it up before you sit down to watch TV at night.
- For God’s sake, if it has a hole in it-repair it or get rid of it.
- Going under for surgery isn’t as bad as you think. Just trust.
- Toast. Caramelized onions. Cake. (The holy trinity that will never not make eating delightful.)
- Take your pillow to new places to sleep better. If you can’t fit your pillow, just take your pillow case.
- The room looks different when you make the bed.
- Writing it down doesn’t always keep the memory.
- Grief shows up often and uninvited. The more you sit with it, the less frightening it becomes.
- Anger doesn’t help with communication.
- Sometimes a person just does not want to be helped. Accept it and move on.
- Curtains make a difference.
- You will heal and you will not be the same, but it won’t always hurt the way it hurts now. It will just hurt different.